Metro area weekend traffic impacts: May 12-14
As you prepare for travel this weekend, here are the projects across the Metro area. A reminder that this weekend is the Fishing Opener and Mother’s Day. Plan ahead and know your route.
Metro Weekend Traffic Impacts: May 12-14
These traffic impacts are new as of this weekend.
I-35E in St. Paul
* The NB I-35E MnPASS lane will close at 9 p.m. Fri, May 12, and the SB I-35E MnPASS lane will close at 10 p.m. for median work. Both lanes will reopen by 5 a.m. Monday, May 15. * The NB I-35E MnPASS lane will close from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. on Mon, May 15 and Tue, May 16
I-35E in Vadnais Heights
* From 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Fri, May 12, southbound I-35E will be reduced to two lanes between Hwy 96 and Co Rd E * Through Sat, May 13 from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. daily, southbound I-35E between Hwy 96 and Co Rd E will go down to a single lane as needed
Hwy 36 in Oak Park Heights
* The left lane of WB Hwy 36 between Oakgreen Ave. North and Stillwater Blvd North in Oak Park Heights is closed and short delays are possible
I-94 St. Paul to Maplewood
* Beginning 9 p.m. Fri, May 12 through early-afternoon Sat, May 13, the right lane (local access lane) and all ramps on WB I-94 between Century Ave. and Mounds Blvd will be closed * SB Hwy 120/Century Ave. from Innovation Rd to I-94 will be reduced to a single lane for approximately three weeks * Continuing Sat, May 13 the following ramps will be closed through mid-summer: Westbound I-94 to Mounds Blvd; Southbound Hwy 61/Etna St. to westbound I-94; Northbound Hwy 61 to westbound I-94; Westbound I-94 to White Bear Ave. * Southbound McKnight Rd. between Old Hudson Rd and Burns Ave. will be reduced to a single lane 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily through Wed, May 17 * Drivers should expect lane restrictions in both directions, traffic delays and temporary exit/entrance ramp closures as project work continues between St. Paul and Maplewood. There are several ramp closures and detours.
I-94 Minneapolis to Brooklyn Center
* Beginning 8 p.m. Fri, May 12 through 5 a.m. Mon, May 15, westbound I-394 traffic will be shifted onto the HOV reversible lanes with traffic from westbound I-94 to the westbound I-394 ramp. * The Third St ramp to westbound I-94 will be closed through Sat, May 20. There are several other ramp closures. * Expect lane shifts and restrictions on EB I-94 andWB I-94 between Shingle Creek Pkwy and Nicollet Ave in Mpls through the end of 2017 * Eastbound I-94 reduced to two lanes between I-694/I-94 split and Hwy 252 through June
Hwy 169 in Plymouth
* From 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Fri, May 12, 24th Ave. at Hwy 169 will be closed
Hwy 610 in Maple Grove
* Beginning8 p.m. Fri, May 12-eastbound I-94 closed at Hwy 610 for pavement repairthrough 5 a.m. Monday, May 15.Maple Grove Pkwy remains open to eastbound and westbound I-94. * Hwy 610 is restricted to a single lane in each direction between Elm Creek Blvd and I-94 in maple Grove through 8 p.m. Thu, June 8 * The ramp from westbound Co Rd 81 to westbound Hwy 610 and the ramp from eastbound Hwy 610 to eastbound Co Rd 81 are closed through 8 p.m. Thu, June 8
Existing and ongoing
These traffic impacts are ongoing and will continue through this weekend.
Co Rd 42 at I-35W in Burnsville
* Westbound Co Rd 42 is closed and detoured between the ramps of I-35W through May 22
Hwy 10 at I-35W in Arden Hills
* The ramp from westbound Hwy 10 to northbound I-35W is closed through late-August
86th St. bridge over I-35W in bloomington
* The 86th St. bridge over I-35W is closed through October
Hwy 51/Snelling Ave St. Paul to Roseville
* The ramp from Como Ave. to northbound Hwy 51/Snelling Ave. will be closed through Mon, May 15 * Hwy 51/Snelling Ave is one lane in each direction between Como Ave and Hwy 36 through October
I-94 St. Paul to Minneapolis
* MnDOT maintenance crews are working along I-94 between St. Paul and Mpls applying weed control, pruning trees, and removing dead and invasive trees and growth on the right of way. This work will last through summer 2017.
Hwy 95 at St. Croix Crossing
* Both northbound and southbound lanes of Hwy 95 will be reduced to one lane under the bridge through May 13
Hwy 169 Edina to Golden Valley
* Both directions of Hwy 169 between Bren Rd and 7th St (5th St, Lincoln Dr) are closed as the Nine Mile Creek bridge is replaced * There are several lane closures and the ramp from westbound I-394 to southbound Hwy 169 is closed through October
I-494 in Bloomington
* One lane moved to shoulder for 4 weeks
I-694 Little Canada to Arden Hills
* Eastbound I-694 is restricted to two lanes separated by a concrete median barrier between Hwy 10 and I-35E. The inside lane carries through traffic and must continue east on I-694. The outside lane allows local ramp access and must continue south on I-35E. * Westbound I-694 is reduced to two lanes * The ramp from Rice St to westbound I-694 is now closed for the duration of project work
More about Metro area weekend traffic impacts